Kaleider AppTM 4.1
(for Android Devices)
The Kaleider app makes it possible to experience much of the visual
magic of the full Kaleider PC program on an Android device.
It generates an amazing variety of Kaleidoscopes, Mirrors, 3D Mirrors and
Funnels. Any JPEG or PNG image can be used as the source for effects.
The Kaleider app is entirely free, and includes no ad displays,
data collection, tracking or other marketing gimmicks. It can be obtained
through Google Play or the Amazon App Store. See Kaleider TV for Android
TV and Fire TV devices.
Here is a brief summary of the primary features of the Kaleider Android app:
- Effects =>
Instantly generate a random effect by touching the Effect button.
Long-touch the Effect button to choose a particular effect from among
the 113 available varieties (12 Kaleidoscopes, 41 Rectangular Mirrors,
33 Diamond Mirrors, 11 3D Mirrors and 16 Funnels).
Also, the previously rendered effect can be re-rendered with the same parameters
at its original position (before any Tile Shifting or Wandering
movements). And it's possible to re-render the last effect type with random
- Tile Shifting => Touch and drag the screen
to interactively shift rendered effect tiles. Pinch with 2 fingers to Zoom in/out.
- Wander Effects =>
Wander can be activated to apply continuous automated motion to effects.
- Colors =>
Progressively shifts the colors of effect pixels according to selectable methods.
- 3D Rooms =>
Exhibits patterns in 3D perspectives, covering the walls, ceilings and floors of
various Rooms. The Rooms can be navigated via keyboard
commands, or automated Roaming motion can be activated.
- Non-Flat Surfaces =>
Maps effect tiles onto a variety of curved Surfaces, resulting in non-linear
distortions of the patterns.
- Auto Effects =>
Continuously generates random effects, periodically changing the source image.
Wandering motions, Colors, Rooms and Surfaces might also be randomly
activated depending upon configured options.
- Save Effects =>
Rendered effects can be saved as JPEG or PNG images.
- Music Player =>
Kaleider effects can optionally be accompanied by music chosen from the audio files
stored on your device.
- Options =>
Buttons are available to quickly perform most actions. The appearance of buttons can be toggled off to allow more screen area for
displaying effects. All functions can still be accessed via the Tool Bar at
the top of the screen, and keyboard commands can be used if a keyboard is
available. The Tool Bar can also be toggled on/off by touching the
Kaleider Android Version History
- Since Kaleider Plus is now free, the old Kaleider Free app has
been discontinued, and Kaleider Plus is now called the Kaleider app.
- The interface has been redesigned. The Tool Bar at the top of the
screen is now transparent and overlays the displayed image. The Tool Bar
can be toggled on/off by touching the icon. With the buttons panel also
toggled off, the entire screen is available for displaying effects.
- The Image Selection process has been improved. The
icon can be long-touched to allow selection of an image from the Gallery (or
some other image app), and there is also a Use Gallery App option in the
Image Selection screen. The SD cards on most devices will now be
detected when selecting an Image Directory or a Music Directory.
- A Motion Control feature has been added to allow adjustment of the
speed and smoothness of automated Wandering and Room Roaming actions.
- The graphics for 3D Rooms has been updated to possibly provide enhanced
performance for newer, more powerful devices.
- The Kaleider Plus app is now free! The 2 apps will probably eventually
be combined into a single app.
- Redesigned interface to replace text buttons with image buttons. Buttons will
occur in either 2 or 3 rows (or columns), as needed to fit within the screen size.
Button descriptions can be displayed whenever a button is touched (unless that option
has been toggled off in Appearance Options).
- The sizing and positioning of effects has been improved to better adjust to
different screen sizes.
- Now, when an Image Directory is selected, only directories that contain images will
be listed, along with counts of the images stored within.
- An Audio Directory can also now be selected from a list of directories that contain
audio files. A particular song within a directory can be chosen and played.
- The Keyboard Commands have been changed so that the most common functions can
be performed with numeric keys. (Touch and Actions to show
- Fixed crashes with 64-bit devices.
- Improved interface when using without a touch-screen.
- Fix for Kaleider Plus crashes with license checking for Lollipop devices.
- Improved Mirror rendering, and added 12 new pre-defined Mirrors.
- Added a Music Player to select and play audio files stored on your device.
- Added an option for Auto Effects on Current Image.
- Improved interface with larger button images and a Message line that can be
- Several other enhancements and fixes.
- Fixed Kaleider Plus 3D Rooms crashes that occurred with some devices.
- Other minor fixes and improvements.
- Added the ability to Zoom effects via the touch screen. Pinch inward to
shrink, pinch outward to expand.
- The Kaleider apps will now be included in the Share Menu of the
Gallery (and any other apps that can share images). This makes it possible to use
the Gallery as an alternative means of selecting an image for use as the source for
- Corrected the Date and Time stored with images saved by the Kaleider
- Fixed a serious glitch with certain images that would cause rendered effects
to appear mostly black.
- Replaced the ActionBarSherlock library with the Google supported
ActionBarCompat library. (Much gratitude still to Jack Wharton for the
excellent interim solution of ActionBarSherlock.)
- Several other minor fixes and improvements.
- Better offline License verification (Kaleider Plus).
- Other minor fixes and improvements.
- Fixed lockups and display glitches that occurred with certain devices.
- Fixed a fairly serious glitch with displaying small images (sorry!).
- Added an Action Bar and other interface enhancements.
- Improved support for tablet devices.
- New Cone and Spike Funnels.
- New Pyramid and Carousel Rooms (Kaleider Plus).
- New Knolls, Queaser and Wings Surfaces (Kaleider Plus).
- Fixed several glitches.
- Fixed occasional crashes.
- Significantly faster performance.
- Improved Non-Flat Surfaces rendering (Kaleider Plus).
- Several interface improvements.
- Initial release.